19 November 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup Review

Back in high school, those cute, little compacts from CoverGirl were enough to satisfy my "foundation" needs. Now, more than ten years later, those compacts just don't cut it, at least, not for me. Currently, I have six (6) bottles of foundation that are open, and I rotate their usage, depending on my mood and whether it's 90% humidity outside or just 75%. For the past few months, I've been reaching for Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation again and again, and since I haven't done a proper review on this lovely little bottle, I'll share that with you today.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup is a medium, buildable coverage, flawless finish foundation that is meant to last through humidity and whatever activity you have in store for the day. The most popular use for this foundation is for weddings. Many a bride have turned to this foundation for her special day, and for good reason. It's oil-free and won't clog pores or cause breakouts. There are 30 shades, ranging from cool pale tones to warm yellow tones to deep cocoa tones. My shade is 1N2 Ecru. At $37.00 a bottle, it seems pricey, but when you think about how little you need and how much product you get, it's well worth it. You can find it at any Estee Lauder counter or online at Nordstrom, my preferred vendor, because they have free shipping, which is always a plus.
The foundation is housed in a hefty, frosted glass bottle with a pretty, gold cap and Estee Lauder logo on the front. There is no pump, however, I haven't had any dispensing issues. My trick? Pour slowly. As soon as the product starts coming out, gently tilt the bottle back upright. This way, you only get a little bit of product, which is really all you need. 
I pour a tiny amount onto the back of my hand, take my buffing brush, and working from the center of my face, I blend outward, diffusing the lines at the edges of my face. I find that using less product provides a smoother, flawless coverage. If your foundation looks cakey, you've used too much. As for wear time, I've used this foundation through the sweltering heat of Guam, and through many nap times, waking up to makeup that looks just as it did upon application.  I must state, however, that I always set my makeup with a translucent setting powder. Once it's blended in and set, it's not going anywhere. 
Estee Lauder Double Wear blended.
Double Wear is my favorite, go-to foundation. It's smooth, easy to apply, and stays where I need it to stay.

What's your favorite foundation? Do you have/Have you tried Double Wear? What do you think of it?

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1